The Galion Community Hospital is looking for assistance with a project.
Galion’s own hospital, the successor to a series of private hospitals which served during the first decades of the 20th century, opened in 1941. Built at an initial cost of $100,000, the 30 bed facility was expanded on four subsequent occasions by 1976 when it boasted some 200 beds. The most recent addition, which included new emergency and surgical areas, opened in the last few years.
Now the hospital is seeking to visually chronicle its own history in the form of a timeline project. To that end, representatives recently contacted the Galion Historical Society to ascertain whether it had photographs of the hospital during the 1950s, 1960s, and 1970s.
As the Society has few photos from those periods, it is asking if anyone in the community has images in their possession which the hospital might copy to use in their display. If any reader can assist, please contact Historical Society Executive Director Amber Wertman at: 419.468.9338.